Pray the Rosary
When one is to contemplate the Mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary they actually contemplate the thoughts of the angels. Understanding that each Mystery holds fast to eternal truths which are supported and confirmed by Sacred Scripture and Tradition. But what do we mean when we say “Mysteries”? Is this a puzzle that we must piece together or an equation to solve? No, not in the literal sense are the Rosary's Mysteries to be looked at as such. Rather, the Most Holy Rosary's Mysteries are but significant meditations that imply greater supernatural truths than what is perceived on the surface. In studying the Rosary, we discover that it isn't just a collection of prayers but rather a deep and profound theology. But in order to come to the knowledge of the truth concerning the rosary, we must first know how to pray it.
Begin with the Crucifix:
1. Make the sign of the Cross
2. On the Crucifix, pray the Apostles Creed: I BELIEVE in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth. And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried: He descended into hell, the third day He arose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, sitteth at the right hand of God the Father almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the Forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.
The Three Beads:
1. Each one of these three beads, you would pray the Angelic Salutation (the Hail Mary). The first bead is dedicated to praying for an increase of Faith, the second bead for Hope, and the third for Charity.
The First Mystery Bead:
1. Depending on the day, you would pray what is called the first mystery of that particular set. *See below for all Mysteries of the Rosary
2. After you meditate on the Mystery, pray the Our Father Prayer with the intention of receiving the graces associated with that particular mystery.
The Group of Ten Beads:
1. On these next ten beads, pray the Hail Mary on each bead while doing all that you can to take care of how you recite the prayer. There is also a measure of concentration you must practice with this prayer. For we are to not only mindfully say the Hail Mary but at the same time, meditate on the Mystery that was pronounced on the previous Mystery Bead. A tip that may help, imagine if you will that you are conveying the mystery you are to be meditating on to Our Lady in the form of the Hail Mary prayer. Think about sweetly speaking to her with the words of that prayer with every intention of living in the moment of the mystery you are intending to meditate on.
The Chain (or Rope) before the next Mystery Bead:
1. This piece of the Rosary is traditionally recognized for praying and meditating on both the Glory Be and the Fatima Prayer: Oh My Jesus, Forgive us our sins. Save us from the Fires of hell, lead all souls to heaven, especially those who are in most need of thy mercy! Then move on to the next mystery!
You would continue this process until you reached the end of the Rosary. At the end of the Rosary, you would pray, what is known as the Hail Holy Queen: Hail, Holy Queen! Mother of Mercy! Our Life, Our Sweetness, and Our Hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve! To thee do we send up our sighs and mourning in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us and after this, our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Oh Clement, Oh Loving, Oh Sweet Virgin Mary. Pray for us, Oh holy Mother of God, that we might be made worthy of the promises of God.
End the the Rosary with the “Let Us Pray”: O God, Whose Only-Begotten Son, by His life, death and resurrection, has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life: grant, we beseech Thee, that by meditating upon these mysteries of the most holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain, and obtain what they promise, through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.
1. The Annunciation ( Angel Gabriel hails Mary and tells her she is to be the Mother of God)
2. The Visitation ( Mary visits her cousin Elizabeth who was then pregnant with John the Baptist)
3. The Nativity ( The Birth of Jesus)
4. The Presentation at the Temple ( The Holy Family bring Jesus to the Temple according to the Law of Moses )
5. The Finding in the Temple ( Mary and Joesph loses the Child Jesus in Jerusalem for 3 days and is found in the Temple speaking and answering the doctors of the faith with great wisdom)
1. The Agony in the Garden ( Jesus awaiting His Passion )
2. The Scourging at the Pillar
3. The Crowning of Thorns
4. The Crucifixion
1. The Resurrection of Jesus from the Dead
2. The Ascension of Christ into Heaven, at the Right Hand of God
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit ( Pentecost )
4. The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Body and Soul
5. The Coronation of Mary as Queen of Heaven and Earth
The Luminous Mysteries, though not a part of the original Rosary given to us by heaven, was added under the Pontificate of John Paul II, and those mysteries are:
1. The Baptism of Jesus – Spiritual Fruit is the Sacrament of Baptism
2. The Wedding of Cana – Spiritual Fruit is the receiving Jesus Through Mary & gratitude for the gift of faith
3. Proclamation of the Kingdom of Heaven – Spiritual Fruit is Repentance and Trust in God / Desire of holiness
4. The Transfiguration – Spiritual Fruit is Spiritual Courage
5. The Institution of the Holy Eucharist – Spiritual Fruit is Adoration of Christ Truly Present in the Eucharist
Let us also remember that is a Daily Rosary recommendation, and they are:
• Sunday - Glorious Mysteries
• Monday – Joyful Mysteries
• Tuesday – Sorrowful Mysteries
• Wednesday – Glorious Mysteries
• Thursday – Joyful Mysteries or the “Luminous Mysteries” Rosarium Virginis Mariae
• Friday – Sorrowful Mysteries
• Saturday – Glorious Mysteries
Drop Us A Line
We’re happy to answer any questions you have or provide you with an estimate. Just send us a message in the form below with any questions you may have.